Vous avez des questions concernant la pollution de l’air intérieur et les assainisseurs d’air ? Airpurlabs, concepteur et fabricant de solutions de purification d’air intérieur 100% écologiques répond à toutes vos interrogations !
Air pollutants are numerous and do not all present the same health risk.
The main pollutants present in the gaseous state in our homes are formaldehyde, Volatile Organic Compounds (benzene, toluene, aldehydes…) and carbon monoxide.
Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) are compounds in gaseous state, invisible and very common in indoor air.
The Indoor Air Quality Observatory has classified chemical pollutants according to their toxicity in the short and medium term. The criteria used are the acute risk, the chronic risk and the frequency of detection inside the dwellings. www.oqai.fr
The origins of these substances are varied. The main sources of chemical pollutants are listed in the table below:
|Types of pollutants||Possible origins|
|VOCs (volatile organic compounds)||Building or decorative materials, furniture, cleaning products, cooking food, tobacco smoke…|
|Formaldehyde||Particle board, chipboard, insulating foams, carpets, textiles, glues, paints, cosmetics, tobacco smoke…|
|Organic solvents||Paints, stains, varnishes…|
|Glycol ethers||Some “water-based” paints, inks, varnishes, glues, cleaning products, thinners, cosmetics…|
|Hydrocarbons (benzene, toluene, xylene, styrene, octane, trichloroethylene…)||DIY products, furniture, tobacco smoke, paints, varnishes, glues, inks, carpets, insecticides, plastics, insulation, stain removers…|
|CO (carbon monoxide)||Heating and hot water combustion appliances, poorly adjusted or inefficient, tobacco smoke|
|Pesticides||Wood treatment products, treatment products for plants and domestic animals, insecticides…|
Blooow requires no connection or power source. The active compounds present inside the wool module act with the ambient air and capture chemical pollutants. VOCs and formaldehyde are permanently trapped. Blooow does not re-emit pollutants.
Blooow uses a patented air purification process by adsorption, which won an award in 2016 at the Concours Lépine de Paris.
Blooow is composed of two active depolluting agents capable of fixing VOCs and formaldehyde:
- Activated carbon. It was chosen for its large specific surface of 1000 m²/g and its high quality. It definitely captures VOCs in its pores.
- Acetoacetamide, an organic active substance. It fixes formaldehyde.
Blooow works from the first module installed. In a small space like a car, for example, a single Blooow is enough to clean the air.
A large French laboratory, the FCBA, tested our product by continuously circulating polluted air in an enclosed space. Air testing and analysis has shown that three Blooow modules have the ability to significantly reduce VOC and formaldehyde concentrations:
- 44% reduction in formaldehyde concentration
- 30% reduction in VOC concentration
Ventilating for 5 to 10 minutes a day all year round helps to renew the indoor air and reduce the concentration of pollutants in your home.
Outdoor air and indoor air are not polluted in the same way:
- Some pollutants are only present indoors
- Some are present both indoors and outdoors, but in different concentrations, up to 15 times greater indoors than outdoors.
Aerate permits to dilute pollution, but not to eliminate it.
Ventilation allows the air to be renewed by ensuring free and permanent circulation.
It can be:
- natural: the air circulates in the dwelling through “new” air inlets and “polluted” air outlets,
- mechanical: VMC (controlled mechanical ventilation) is an electrical system for automatic and continuous air renewal.
3. Taking action on sources of pollution
- Tobacco: do not smoke inside, even open windows
- Do-It-Yourself Products and Works
- During the work, leave the room regularly and take breaks.
- Aerate for the duration of the work and several weeks afterwards
- Close containers to prevent evaporation.
- Some furniture – especially particleboard – emit chemicals for several weeks after opening the packaging. Allow furniture to ventilate in a well ventilated area for at least 15 days.
- Home Products
- Ventilate during cleaning activities
- Limit the number of cleaning products used and favour simple products: white vinegar, baking soda, Marseille soap, bleach.
- Reduce the quantities used
- Avoid perfumes, incense sticks, scented candles, sprays, etc.
- Do not mix products together, especially bleach.
- Take your house plants out to treat them
- Cleaning the air with an air purifier
Today, effective technical solutions exist to improve air quality. Blooow uses the phenomenon of adsorption to trap VOCs and formaldehyde. Adsorption has important advantages:
- There is no re-emission of pollutants. Polluting substances are not decomposed but captured, and therefore Blooow does not form harmful degradation by-products.
- There is no filter to change and clean regularly. Blooow requires no special maintenance, just hang it up.
- Blooow has been tested by the French independent laboratory FCBA which measured a 44% decrease in formaldehyde concentration in a closed space where polluted air circulates continuously. Concerning VOCs, a decrease of 30% was measured.
Blooow is very easy to install, it simply hangs or installs. For example, attach it with a nail, a hook or hang it from a window handle.
Tip: Thanks to its long ribbon, Blooow can be wrapped nicely around a bar (wardrobe, rod, etc.)
To get the most out of Blooow:
- Place it in a ventilated place to benefit from natural convection, next to a window for example.
- Place it in dry places, which promote the functioning of the active depolluting agents.
Taking into account the average concentration of chemical pollutants in a 15 m² room, Blooow has a lifetime of at least 15,000 hours.
At the time of your new purchase, we offer you a free return by post of used modules. Recycling will be done by us.
Blooow can also be safely disposed of with household waste.
It is not recommended to open the BLOOOW module.
Keep out of reach of children and animals
Do not ingest the contents
Do not wash or iron.
Place product away from sources of ignition or sparks.
You must not use this product for any purpose other than that for which it is intended!
This product does not generate ozone.
The Blooow depolluting module can be used in the same way in town and in the countryside. You can clean the interior of your homes, offices, schools, nurseries and cars.
No. Airing your home should be part of the daily rituals for improving indoor air quality. In addition, natural convection allows the product to better capture pollutants.
The delivery time is less than one week in Metropolitan France within the limit of available stocks.
Pour obtenir plus d’informations sur les solutions contre la pollution intérieure, parcourez notre boutique en ligne de purificateurs d’air, et retrouvez tous nos produits disponibles à l’achat en ligne.
Pour des conseils sur le fonctionnement ou l’utilisation de nos produits, n’hésitez pas à contacter notre équipe directement via notre site.